Leila und Madschnun
»Love between two is not perfect as long as one, speaking of the other, says:› I ‹…« / Sufi wisdom
“When I say ‘I’ I don’t mean how you see me, but the love that speaks out of me.” / Leila and Majnun, Albert Ostermaier
Leila and Majnun , the most famous lovers of the Islamic culture, tell of a love of deepest spirituality. The Persian poet Nizami wrote her story in 1188 and thus created a timeless love epic.
- An in-house production of the Ruhrtriennale.
- BY Samir Odeh-Tamimi, Albert Ostermaier
- MUSICAL DIRECTOR Peter Rundel
- DIRECTED BY Willy Decker
- STAGE Wolfgang Gussmann
- COSTUMES Wolfgang Gussmann, Susana Mendoza
- WITH Nils Cooper, Irene Kugler, Hagen Matzeit, Aleksandar Radenković, Daniel Rohr, Nadine Schwitter, Michael Prelle
- PLAYGROUND Century Hall Bochum